#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just Another Day

Alex left this morning.  It's always difficult to see him go because he has this way with Kyle that no one else has.  Okay, so maybe once he yelled at Alex for no reason..... poor Alex.

"Kyle, what's wrong?"
"YOU!"
(pause)
"You're stupid!

Of course Alex finds humor in much of these disturbing outbursts, but this is nothing compared to what Kyle has called his therapists.  I just can't repeat that on my PG13 blog.

                              Today's Therapies





Occupational Therapy

 Using a peg board in conjunction with electro stimulation encourages Kyle to reach.  This also exercised his fine motor skills.









Physical Therapy

Leg presses.






Mom's Therapy

Playing dominoes!  A game Alex, Kyle and I liked to play at home. A little fun time in his down time this afternoon. He remembered how to play, and I used it to get him to reach with his arm.









Plus shooting hoops with Shannon, Crystal and Carter's gift.
And finishing up with a little humor.....

In reviewing the rules of Dominoes with Kyle, he was able to answer all my questions quite accurately..... until the last question.  You be the judge.

Me:      "And what happens when you can't play a Dominoe?"
Kyle:    "Shit out of luck"

As Greg would say, "That's my boy."



2 comments:

  1. I know that with a head injury some people swear more but I find these funny. Kyle was always the strong silent type to me. So hearing these "out bursts" of sorts crack me up. But honestly I think he's right, "you are shit out of luck" in that situation.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Perfect answer Kyle :-)
    I hope they've told you how to try to deal with the yelling, swearing etc Joan. It's kinda normal and expected but that doesn't make it OK and acceptable. I guess he'll have group therapy later on too.
    You'll have to use Alex as a bribe :-) Get an advancement by saying how rapped Alex will be next visit when he sees he can do.......

    ReplyDelete