#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Friday, June 13, 2014

Invincible Teens

Last night I had a nice long visit with Mary and Carlos.  We talked of a similar experience he went through a year ago, but he was much more fortunate as he walked away with just cuts and bruises. Which brings me to the "why" of all this.  Not the "why us", eventually it's going to be somebody's child, so why not us.   I like to think I knew my child..  We are parents that "talk" to our kids, and they tell us they get it. We know he likes to go fast, but that's why he does Motocross.   We are a competitive family to say the least, all very athletic.  We all try daring things, and encourage it.  But this one I can't wrap my head around.  Hopefully you kids out there will start realizing you really aren't invincible.  And there is a race track you can go to if you really have the "need for speed".

I recently read an article on why teens take risks and another on a good conversation to have with your teens.  I will post them next.

Time to get up and "make my bed" (I am getting disciplined in the hospital as I rarely made my bed at home) and head over to our Ronald McDonald home to shower.. 

1 comment:

  1. Joanie are you at home in the evenings? I was going to bring ya'll dinner. I'm sure you have not time for cooking but could use the energy of food made for you.
    If at the hospital in the evenings we'd like to stop by if that is okay.

    ReplyDelete