#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Good morning Sunday, continued

It's good to be in a lighter mood. It's Father's Day and much to my happiness, Greg and Alex are off and enjoying the day.  They have headed down to Richmond where Alex will be competing in his first Tough Mudder.  The two will be enjoying some much needed time away and male bonding.

It's interesting now that my "Good luck" to Alex this morning was followed by more times of saying "Be careful" than I might have said in the past.  Do we take for granted or assume that "of course our kids will be careful" ?  I've always worried, especially with Kyle in Motocross, but not as much as I will worry now.  I can't even get in a car now and feel comfortable that nothing will happen to us. This experience really awakens you to how really vulnerable we all are in life.  Would I have worried about Alex at the Tough Mudder before this?  Probably not.  Am I worried today?  You bet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day.  Give your Dad's extra big hugs today!  And have fun!

 

1 comment: