#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Friday, June 27, 2014

Doctors and Nurses

Kyle went to surgery this morning.  The Shepard plastic surgeon did not like the huge gash and hole in the back of Kyle's head.  The hole goes down to a deep layer that if not treated could lead to bone infection.

It is an ugly hole, and I brought it to the attention of the Fairfax ICU doctors several times, but I was assured that it was healing nicely.  And it is healing nicely, I was told here, "but we don't want to leave a big hole in his head."  The doctors here are very concerned that it could lead to a bone infection.

Needless to say, I am happy they are treating it, and I am told he is in the hands of a great plastic surgeon!

This is a good time to say thank you once again for all the wonderful care he did receive in Fairfax.  In our eyes, the nurses should get paid just as much as the doctors!  Special thanks to Missy, Omaima, and Adriana (affectionately known to us as Halle Berry) for the times they would just sit and talk with me about life, and about their lives along with mine.  And for the hugs from Natasha,  and for all the little things they allowed us because we respected them, and we respected their rules.

Thank you Nancy, Missy, Adriana, Kelly, Kelly, Jessica, Jenny, Lyndsey, Lea, Sean, George, Tari, Sarah, Mershad, Omaima, Christie, and Laurie.

We learned a wonderful lesson from all of you about respect (although I must say, I have been teaching this to my sons for years, but you really reinforced it).....

Be a reflection of what
you'd like to see in others!
If you want love,
give love,
if you want honesty,
give honesty,
if you want respect,
give respect.
You get in return,
what you give!        ~ Unkown

I don't have many photos from Fairfax ICU.  I wish I had taken more. Greg took most with his Iphone and I will try and get them from him.  But here are some more of what I did get (photos are not allowed, but somehow the nurses managed to look the other way for me)  :)

Sleeping in the night.  Taken from where I slept.



Sean, one of our nurses.




One of our many faithful visitors, Mary.
Missy, giving Kyle a shave!  :O

Leaving for a CT Scan at 2 AM!    Kyle, in his bed,
and all his machinery gets wheeled wherever he goes!
 
The view from my bed, at 4 AM,
with his double doors wide open
 and the hustle, bustle of the nurses station,
 while I await Kyle's return.
                               
Wonder what he's thinking....

Kyle:  "Did you really put those camo hats
 on because my mom asked you guys to?"
                                                                   (Grant and Lyndsey)

1 comment:

  1. <3 Amazing....you...the nurses...the doctors..and Kyle....you are all in my prayers for recovery...grace...rest...good friends and family there as well as praying for the surgeons and nurses and doctors there...

    ReplyDelete