#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Overwhelmed? What Makes You Think That? plus Final Therapy Photos



   Overwhelm
   o·ver·whelm
     verb

1. To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
2. To present with an excessive amount: I am overwhelmed with (fill in the blank) 



Trying to play "catch-up" is not easy.  Once you get behind, well then what?  Despair?  Throw in the towel?  Just don't give a crap?  Or maybe just take one day at a time, and do what you can?  Hoping things will fall into place?


It's really, really difficult trying to catch up on writing. But what I am really talking about is that "fill in the blank" section.  That's my never ending ,  overwhelming, "to do" list.

I used to like to  read "organizational" advice when I had the chance.  It really does make one's life easier... to be organized.  Doesn't it?  Case in point.....

Never, ever, be away for 5 months and not see any of your mail!

I must say, Greg made a valiant effort handling all the bills and mail coming in, and organizing all the insurance claims forms, the forms that let you know how your claim was processed (or even is it was ever processed!). He did this all in the beginning.  But now it is for me to sort through,  catch the mistakes (yes, insurance mistakes) and prioritize all the piled mail, and know what I am doing.  It's an overwhelming task when you've been gone for five months.   And guess what?  Every day the mail still keeps coming.  Go figure.

If only we could just go throw our junk mail away and answer every piece of mail at that moment.  Every day I look at it all and say "Where do I start?"  It is spread all over my dining room table and my two coffee tables and my kitchen counter.  I wonder where my family will sit for Thanksgiving dinner?  Or better yet, where will I even prepare the meal?

But for tonight, I will put all that aside, and indulge myself with my favorite past time (which I am missing oh so much!).

Fun Photography Catch-Up







Kyle's last week of therapy had him all "revved"up.......










....... revved up and ready for racing!  NOT!

Good balance is a must if Kyle wants to ride again.



Working on weight bearing on that left arm.



Fluidotherapy

Fluidotherapy fun!




 The Fluidotherapy machine combines dry heat with an airstream that blows around tiny particles similar to sawdust.  It helps increase blood circulation, range of motion, and reduces pain.  In addition, there are tiny little objects placed in the bottom which here, Greg passes to Kyle to improve fine motor function.


Sharing in on the fun.


Picking up coins for fine motor function.


 Splint Making                                                                                                


"Look, it's the arts and crafts room",  I whispered to Kyle, not realizing I could be heard.  We got a good laugh from our wonderful therapists with my referral to what really was their splint making room.


Kyle's splint will be fitted with a pulley system, in order to flex his fingers.


Team work.

Adjusting for the pulleys.


Heating and shaping the splint.  

The final product!  Such a beautiful piece of art AND fashion statement!

Winding down the day in the apartments' rec room.

No comments:

Post a Comment