#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Coming Home....Twice

Thursday, Nov 13

I always have something to write about.  Sometimes it's something exciting and uplifting, but sometimes it's down right depressing.  Many times I don't finish writing those, and when I go back to them later I think, "Eww, nobody wants to here all about that.  Find something inspiring and motivational about Kyle, not gloomy about you."

So I delete it.

A friend told me "Don't ever delete those, even if you don't post them, save them for yourself."  Such good advice that I never thought of and I will now follow through on. I've deleted a lot that I'd like to read now (and maybe even post, now that we are home).

But for tonight, I will post what I had no intention of deleting from ten days ago!  Something grand!  And from here I will try to play catch up because I have many photos, and many thoughts still to share.


Tuesday, Nov 4  (ten days ago)

We are home!  Yes, I know that is old news now, but I haven't written in so long that it took me forever to think of how to start this.  So I thought of something so simple, yet so huge...

"We are home."

And what a homecoming we had.  Thank you to everyone who came to welcome us back and thank you to Alex for all he did to plan it and pull it together.  It was somewhat difficult to "officially" invite everyone who showed us support, because it was planned on FB, but we hoped the word would spread, and we encouraged it, as this was definitely an open house with open hearts.  I will try and post pictures soon.

I would also like to say thank you to Kettle Run High School and to Kyle's many supportive friends and their parents for welcoming us with open arms at the rival KRHS and FHS football game we attended on a trip home a few weeks ago.  What a welcome it was!

So many hugs!  And what a surprise when his name was announced over the PA system.  And then came the cheers upon cheers from the students of "The Cage" as he walked past them.

I only took a small handful of photos.  I was so absorbed in the attention and love being shown to Kyle, I forgot all about snapping pictures!  Here are the few that were taken.

Soon to hear his name over the PA system.








One of the many hugs Kyle received over the course of the evening.

The student cheering section, aka The Cage, who gave Kyle the loudest of cheers as he walked past them.

And a big thanks to Jamie, who grabbed my camera for one of the few photos that exists of Kyle and me.

Kyle also volunteered to work the concession stand (as did Greg).  He did an excellent job making the nachos.  Kyle has always liked to work the concessions and I thought this was a good way to get him back involved. He was eager and happy to help.  Many handshakes and hugs were passed around that night.

I may not have gotten photos that evening....

.......but here's to TBT!   Same place, just another time.


Bob, Kim, and Kerry

    Kyle

Greg                                 


Kettle Run Cougars

Welcome home, Kyle  <3






No comments:

Post a Comment