#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Laughter And Home Sweet Home, The Best Therapy Of Them All!

Trying to sit and write when you are no longer on cloud nine is a feat in and of itself.  If I had only just written yesterday, it would have been so much easier.  But yesterday I was too busy having a delightful evening with good friends, and enjoying laughter from the funny things Kyle would come out with.

Herbie:  "Kyle, tell us a good joke."

Kyle:  (thinking....thinking...)    "My life."

This may have been one of those moments you had to be there for, but it really cracked us up.

Today, as you can imagine, starting our travels home was such a different scenario.  For most of the plane ride, I listened to Kyle continuously bemoan having to leave home and his friends.  I understood completely.  I too was in a bit of a funk, but I had to keep a chin up.  At times he got his quiet, angry voice on (I believe that's an oxymoron for Kyle),    "Mom, I hate you.  I will always hate you for this.  How do you not understand that I am fine."  

I've learned a lot of patience through all this, and sometimes, I've realized, no answer is the best answer for Kyle.

Upon our descent into Atlanta, Kyle was able to talk me into not using the assisted wheelchair after we deplaned.  At first I said no, just for my own well being, but then I was up for it.  It went well, but of course, I had my hand on his belt the whole time, which prompted  Kyle's favorite mantras,  "You don't have to hold onto me."  and  "Why don't you understand that I am fine!"  
oo)

It is getting late and I am in bed, my eyes closing now and then.  Before I fall asleep I will post the few photos I took (and from others)  that will speak for themselves as to the wonderful therapy it was to bring Kyle home.  Thank you to all Kyle's friends who stopped by to sit and laugh with him.


























    "I can't imagine how hard it's been on you,    'cause I can't remember it, and it's hard on me!"

    ~   Kyle Pinelli  (to me, his mom, in a moment of true sincerity) 





2 comments:

  1. I think you got it !!! sometimes saying nothing is best. Once he's over it, remind him the harder he works, the sooner he can go home for the rest of his therapy :-) I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. I recognise the contraption on the left hand and arm. I had similar contraptions after I dislocated a finger. Took nearly a year to get it back to as good as it will get. Only I would know it's not perfect and at times painful. I cant imagiine what it must be like to have that going on in various parts of your whole body. Kyle has worked hard. Keep going Kyle...you can do it !!! Joan, he can hate you, but doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Hugs to you all. Luv Carolyn

    ReplyDelete