#PrayForKyle

#PrayForKyle

Monday, October 20, 2014

Greg and Nancy, and We're In The Homestretch!



Crystal, Nancy, Greg, and Carter

I want to give my sincerest thanks to all of those whose thoughts and prayers are going to my brother, Greg, and my sister-in-law, Nancy.

Most of you don't even know them, yet you took the time to stop and read their stories in addition to following Kyle's.  And you gave your sincerest wishes to them, and for Crystal and Shannon too.  I am very touched by all of it.

Before Kyle's accident, I had never known anyone with a Traumatic Brain Injury.  Probably most of us don't....personally, I mean.  Now I know two.  So how does this happen twice in the same family?

The phone call about my brother's motorcycle accident came three weeks ago.  Kyle and I made the trip to NJ the following weekend, while Alex and Greg also made their way, from Wisconsin and Virginia.  I so wanted to give Crystal the support she needed.   When we walked into Nancy's ICU room,  it was like seeing Kyle all over again.  It affected each of us, and I watched Kyle as he quietly took it all in.  When he finally spoke it was to quietly ask,  "Is that what I looked like?"   "Yes, Kyle.....that's exactly what you looked like."

Greg and Nancy are recovering, slowly but surely.  I try to help Crystal and Shannon by giving them encouragement when I can. I'm hoping it helps them when I see the similarities and recount our experiences to them.   There are so many similarities, yet I know both outcomes will be different because no two brain injuries are the same.  They are my precious family, and I am thankful there is a light at the end of the tunnel for all three of them.

Greg's trike on the left, Kyle's car on the right.  They had their guardian angels watching over them.

On the lighter side, matching skinny legs!
(Kyle lost 40 lbs, but I think Greg has him beat.)
Mom (Annie, Grandma, Greatgrams) and Carter visiting Greg at rehab.


Countdown to Thursday!


It's really here!  Only three more days!  We did it Kyle!!!!

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. ~  Henry Ford


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of you trials. I know it has been difficult to put into words what you are feeling. Cannot wait to have you two back on Fauquier soil for good.

    ReplyDelete